- We leave for Europe a week from today! I am extremely excited, though getting a little anxious about everything I need to do in the next week. Planning this trip has been MUCH different than my last Europe adventure with my friend Melissa just after graduating from K-State. In retrospect, we really didn't plan anything. We booked hostels for our first week, then played it by ear after that, booking our hostels and transportation as we went. Plans? Who needs 'em! All we cared about was laying on the beach! This generally worked out fine for us, other than the longest trip home from Greece ever, which included sleeping on the floor of an airport in London one night. This time is different. Apparently, in the last 5 years, I have abandoned my carefree ways, because I have made plans. Lots of them. Granted, I don't care to plan out every day, but I have been careful to make sure we know where we are going and how we are getting there.
- I randomly received a Facebook message from my friend Joel, who was in my summer study abroad program in Prague. We haven't really kept in touch over the last several years, but he randomly thought of me and our friend Zack, so decided to touch base. The irony of his timing is that he recently moved to Paris for grad school, and we'll be visiting Paris! We are also going to meet up with some friends in Munich, and will be staying with my friend, Ashley, in London.
- College football has begun, which is one of the reasons that I love Fall. For tomorrow's K-State game, my awesome husband is throwing a tailgate party to celebrate my completion of the CFA. I can't wait to spend the afternoon with my family and friends in the parking lot, and the evening with 50,000 people in purple! Go 'Cats!
- I have started training for a half marathon the second Saturday in November. I would pay a lot of money if the weather from 5:30-6:30 in the morning would remain just like has been this week for the next 2 months. It's perfect. I'm trying not to think about how easy 8 miles is right now compared to what 3 miles will feel like when I return from
eating, drinking, and not running inEurope. - Brinkley turned 4...er, 28 yesterday. Recently, Aaron finally convinced me to throw away a pair of shorts that I have been wearing to bed since 2003. I bought them on clearance at Target for less than $5. I think I got my money's worth. Within minutes after they went in the trash, someone snagged them for herself. I guess that since we're pretty much the same age now, we can share clothes.
Hand-me-downs

What a hilarious pic of Brinkley. Love it. I doubt that Bear and I will ever share clothes, although he does seem to like the way a lot of them taste.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for your Europe trip. I've been counting down in my head this week, thinking of all you must have had to do to get ready. We're praying for safe, easy travels and that you'll have a blast. I'm sure you will.