We spent a lot of time laying by the pool. If that seems like a waste when the ocean is so close, check out the view.
But that's not all we did! We also went to a luau...
On the Road to Hana, we made lots of stops, including a stop at this waterfall to swim.
And we saw one magnificant view after another...
We didn't realize that most people turn around at Hana and go back the way they came, so we kept going on what would be one of the most windy, narrow, treacherous roads I have ever been on. I was thankful Everyone was thankful that I wasn't the one driving.
We also went snorkeling...
And saw lots of colorful fish, came face to face with big sea turtles, and watched as sharks swam 30 feet below us. Don't worry, they were nice sharks. They let us keep all of our limbs.
I also got to have lots of fun with my camera. I took a photography class a couple days before we left, so I acted like I knew what I was doing. Every sunset was more beautiful than the last.
Best of all, we got to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary!
Ahhh ... I bet it was hard to leave that! So glad you guys had a great trip; I loved the pictures!
ReplyDeleteSteph, I'd say that photography class was a good purchase! Great pictures! And Happy Anniversary... 5 years. DOES NOT seem that long ago! :)
ReplyDeleteHow can you live with yourself, Steph, flashing pictures like this around? Not fair. But then, being married for five years does earn you at least one (or two) trips around the world. Right? I'll be passing this on as I'm pretty sure Josh doesn't know this yet. Glad you enjoyed yourself. And to think you must've been practically house-shopping while you were gone too...or so it seems from the timing of everything - you all are quite impressive multi-taskers.
ReplyDelete