2. It’s been almost 2 months since I wrote a blog post. I don’t even have any good excuses.
3. I spent the weekend in Manhattan with my college sorority sisters. While we felt old in the midst of 21 and 22-year-olds, we were told by a waitress that none of us look over 23.
4. I’ll ignore the possibility that she is probably just really good at flattery since her tips depend on it.
5. I’m still so happy that I am a Kappa Kappa (Kappa) Gamma. My pledge class still gets together every year, and we still know how to have fun!
6. The Dow is down almost 300 points today. Thanks for the crappy birthday gift, Greece. What did I ever do to you?
7. Facebook changed birthdays forever. I feel so popular right now.
8. I just received a Happy Birthday e-mail from the Community Blood Center. I suppose I should think “that’s nice” but instead I just think it’s weird.
9. I experienced my first Monday Night Football game last night. The Chiefs won in overtime, but we missed that part, because all I could think about was sitting in traffic, not going to bed until after midnight, and feeling more like 49 than 29 today.
10. Instead, I went to bed at 11:45, and only feel like I’m 48.
11. My dog woke me up to tell me Happy Birthday at 5:30 this morning. How could I be mad? She's so thoughtful!
12. I keep thinking about the Seinfeld episode when George sleeps under his desk, and wondering if I could do that.
13. My nieces called and sang to me this morning. I love them!
14. On Sunday, my family celebrated my grandma’s 99th birthday.
15. With genes like that plus advances in technology, I’m probably just now hitting my quarter life.
16. I should have no problem getting through a very lengthy bucket list.
17. Aaron and I are going to dinner tonight at Nara, a Japanese restaurant.
18. While I like Nara, we’re not going to there because it’s my favorite restaurant, but instead because I bought a Groupon that expires tomorrow.
19. I should probably stop buying Groupons.
20. There’s a Groupon today for a helicopter ride over the Plaza at Christmastime. Should I buy it? Just kidding.
21. I’m pregnant. Not kidding.
22. You may have already known that, but if not, surprise!
23. I used to say that I didn’t want to have a baby until I turn 30. In mid-April, I'll be 29 ½ and just a little early. But I’m okay with that.
24. We’re not going to find out the sex of the baby. Deal with it.
25. #24 was not a mutual decision between my husband and I. Sorry, Honey.
26. I
27. To my friends that don't have kids, I promise to limit my kid conversation with you.
28. Almost there. I apologize for the randomness and heavy sarcasm found in 1-27.
29. Something to keep in mind today:

So... you're telling me I have to buy your baby khaki-colored clothing because I won't know if he's a she or she's a he until April?
ReplyDeleteCOME ON MAN! :)
I would like to 'like' Al's comment. And I loved the randomness and the sarcasm. And, I'm certain it's been even longer since I've updated my own blog. Whoopsie! But I too, am so happy that I am a kappa kappa (kappa) gamma..... and now I'd like to go eat at VISTA VISTA BURRRRRGER
ReplyDeleteAh fun post. Loved the stream of consciousness. Felt a little like my brain. Must be that you're that much closer to 30 - it's not so bad. As for the not-so-mutual decision to not find out the baby's sex, you're the mom and you're baking the kid. I say it's your right, even though I could not/would not/should not do something like that to myself.
ReplyDeleteAnd for the record, I think it's a boy. So I will be buying blue clothes and stuffing your house with hand-me-downs from John. You're welcome.
wow, I am so behind on your blog world! LOVE this blog for multiple numbers!!! I can't even start...
ReplyDelete