It was fun to decorate for Christmas in a new house this year. We have always bought real trees, which smelled and looked great, but was frustrating when I would still find Christmas tree needles in June. Not to mention, the tight wad inside me cringes to think about spending $50 each year on a tree that goes to the dump in January.
So I bought a fake tree. Online. One that didn't even have reviews posted. I was nervous when it arrived. Six and a half feet tall sounded a lot taller than it actually is. It was a little sad looking before I loaded it with ornaments, but it turned out just fine. Someday it might get demoted to the basement so I can have an excuse to buy a taller, thicker tree.
Christmas shopping is done! Despite my goal to be finished well in advance of the holiday, I was still shopping on December 20 after work in the middle of a downpour.
I envisioned getting a boxwood wreath, and hanging it with ribbon from the decorative mirror on the mantle. That didn't happen so use your imagination. Looks good, right?
| Don't tell Brinkley, but it might be the last year she gets a stocking. There's only room for 3 on our stocking hangers that spell J-O-Y. |
All in all, I'm happy with how our family room turned out. I didn't do a whole lot of decorating elsewhere, but there's always next year! I feel inadequate when I look at homes decorated so beautifully on other blogs, but I'm guessing those women have more time and energy to focus on decorating. Oh, and their blogs make money. This one certainly does not!
| Ignore the dog that would neither pose nor get out of the photo |
Can't wait to see pics of the nursery! Hope your holidays were wonderful! I miss you girls!!
ReplyDelete