Friday, June 12, 2009

Change I don't believe in

I have been doing some reading today to try and understand exactly what the Democrats are proposing for health-care reform. I'm not yet to the point in which I can form my own arguments for or against it, and the last thing I want to do is regurgitate someone else's argument. Of course, there is not much out there in terms of HOW THE HECK TO THEY PLAN TO PAY FOR IT?!, but I just came across this on Bloomberg. Charlie Rangel is admitting that the cost of the reform would top $1 trillion. And we all know how accurate the government is at initial estimates; the cost never ends of being less. Never.


I was raised in a family that has a true debt aversion. My parents have never relied on debt to finance their farm operations, as they have seen too many other family farms taken over by the bank when times got tough. Our government seems to have the attitude that more debt on top of the $11 trillion already accumulated is no big deal. Why do we keep digging a deeper hole? Raising taxes is obviously a sure thing, but even taxing power can only go so far....(more to come after I return from vacation in San Francisco. Yes, I'll fit right in there.)

1 comment:

  1. Grrrrrr. That's all I really know to say at this point, but I suppose that sound shares your sentiments. I don't remember ever hearing a really good plan on how to solve the health care crisis, so even though I despise what's on the table now, I'm not entirely sure what to suggest in its place. Would you like to comment/blog on this, if you know? I want to have some substance to refute all the raving socialists. I'll be on the lookout for something.

    ReplyDelete