Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A little of this, little of that

Aaron pointed out that I haven't posted anything new for nearly a month, to which I retorted, "I've been busy!" which has been my excuse for everything lately. However, I no longer have that excuse, because my test is over as of last Saturday, and now I can enjoy something that really hasn't been available to me for the last year: free time!

I am beyond relieved that I will not study for several months. Unfortunately, I don't learn my results until August 18, and I honestly am not confident that I passed. It's frustrating given the preparation I put in, but until I learn the results, I refuse to just assume that I failed.

In unrelated news...

The newest member of our family arrived Monday morning: Blaine Hansen Durbin. Aaron and I visited him last night after work, and were amused by his sisters' reactions to their new brother. Based upon these observations, it was apparent that at age 2, children do not wish to have a younger sibling, but by age 4, a new baby is welcome. Taryn, age 4, waited patiently for her turn to hold her baby brother, while Petra, age 2, sought out reasons to receive comfort from her mommy. (Okay, I'll admit it, I'm just looking for an excuse since I was the one that initially sent Petra into a fit when I confiscated her 4th and 5th ropes of licorice from her hand. Naturally, that was extremely upsetting.)


The Durbin kids


Blaine is my parents' first (long-awaited) grandson. I am sure my dad is already looking for a miniature fishing pole to buy him for Christmas as he's had about enough of the dolls.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for pulling through on your promise to post about the little one! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new nephew, and on being done with your test! Hope you're enjoying your free time:)
    -Randi

    ReplyDelete