I've been sitting here staring at the screen for the last 5 minutes wondering "what should I write about?" I have been plenty busy, but I am confident that no one wants to read about me working. And I made myself a promise that my blog would never become a "day in the life of" list of the errands that I ran yesterday. If I listed the items I bought at the grocery store after work today, I would undoubtedly lose all of my readers. All 3 of you.
However, I did just wrap up an eventful weekend, so just one little recap won't break my rule, right?
- Saturday morning, my family took pictures at a studio in Topeka. I have a new found respect for photographers that shoot children (c'mon, with a camera, people...I know there are hunters out there). I am anxious to see all the pictures he took, because I would like to determine the ratio of good, normal pictures to those that have someone picking their nose, covering their face, or closing their eyes. I am hopeful that the nose pickers are the under-5 crowd. The photographer's raccoon puppet was a big hit, and I am certain that all the girls want pet raccoons for Christmas...which is handy, because I am been meaning to start thinking about what Uncle Aaron and Aunt Steph will be putting under the tree for all of them. I'll make sure they are not rabid.
- We made it to Manhattan just in time for kick-off. K-State won easily, and KU lost. It doesn't get better than that, folks! It is amazing what a difference having a coach like Bill back at the helm after the last couple years of one big win followed by pathetic loss after humiliating loss. I think back to our trip to Boulder for last year's K-State-CU match-up. We lost, and our drive back to Ft. Collins was one long discussion of Prince needs to go. Now we're at the top of the Big 12 North!
- I spent Friday night and Saturday night in Manhattan with my Kappa pledge sisters for our annual reunion. We had a blast, but were reminded that we no longer resemble college students. Somehow, all the students looked 17, and I don't remember that being the case when I was 21! I sure hope they weren't thinking we look 37. We hit up our old hang-outs, and realized that the places we used to go aren't cool anymore, because we still recognized everyone there: the late-20's-back-for-a-game crowd.
- Sunday we went to Junction City to celebrate birthdays: my grandmother's 97th(!), my dad's 61st, and my 27th (ahem! Let this be your reminder that my birthday is this Sunday). The 5 great-granddaughters and one great-grandson were entertaining, as usual.
YAY! Welcome back to the blogging world!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a fun weekend... I'm glad that I won't be attending any more 21st birthday parties - until my own children turn 21 (yes, I'll be as cool as my mom). :)