I am less than excited for the year change this time around for 2 reasons: 1.) I have to start studying -- beyond the half-assed excuse for studying that I started in December. I suppose you could say that I'll be going full-assed now. 2.) The gym will be crowded for the next 2 months. Those of you who regularly work out know what I'm talking about. Despite the fact that I get up at 5:30 in the morning to work out, I know that there will be an influx of gym goers each January. For all I know, however, the increased morning traffic is actually the evening regulars trying to get away from the after-work New Years resolutioners.
My very pessimistic short-term view of this year is just that: short-term. On a more positive note, by the end of February, the people who vowed that this will be the year that they actually use that 24 Hour Fitness membership that they pay for will be back to 0-1 visits a week, and on June 5, I will hopefully complete my last CFA exam. After that, life will be bliss. I won't have a care in the world! I can have 5 elliptical machines to myself while I am NOT studying as I work out! Or if I'm really lucky, maybe by June the snow that is covering the ground right now will actually have melted, and I'll be able to run outside! That could be wishful thinking, though...
The highlight of 2010 will definitely be the trip that Aaron and I plan to take to Europe in September. I am psyched. We plan to visit London, Paris, Munich....and another location or two. If you have any advice on those locations or others in that vicinity, please let me know!
Happy New Year!
I had not idea about this European vacation - OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete