Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Can this week GET any better?!

This week has been so fabulous, I just can't wait to find out what kind of glorious news I will receive today.  Maybe my boss will decide that I deserve a raise (that is, unless he finds out first that I am writing a blog entry at work)!

My week started off with Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday, which means that I had the day off!  Can you think of a better way to celebrate the King than to sit in a tire store while getting your oil changed for 2 hours, followed by laundry, cleaning, and studying?  Just living that dream he talked about...

Monday night was Big Monday on ESPN, which featured K-State versus the number one team in the nation, Texas.  I was nervous about this game, but the 'Cats gave me solace.  They led nearly the entire game, and won handily, despite Bob Knight reassuring viewers that K-State really is terrible.  I actually commented that I enjoyed Knight's commentary during the first half.  Thanks for making me eat my words, Bob.

Yesterday was the best of all, if you are a conservative nerd like me that is obsessed with U.S. politics.  Scott Brown won Ted Kennedy's seat (or "the people's seat", rather) in Massachusetts.  This is big news, folks.  Brown becomes the 41st Republican Senator, which means the Republicans can fillibuster, and essentially ObamaCare is dead.  DEAD.  Pelosi doesn't have the votes in the House to pass the Senate's version of the bill, and the Blue Dogs are freaking out about the November election.  If they are not freaking out, then they should be, because they'll be slaughtered in the mid-term elections if they vote for that pile of dog poop bill.

It is amazing to me the implications of ONE special election.  Suddenly, some semblance of order has been restored in Washington.  I predict that sometime in the next 15 years you will see "Brown for President" signs.  Just a hunch.

No raise yet, so I'm considering buying a lotto ticket on my way home tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Woohooo! Yes, it was a great week. Thanks for chronicling all these major, happy events. Nice to know there are some bright spots in the wake of other tragedies, namely Haiti. I'm going to guess that Brown for Prez signs will spring up on Republican landscapes within even the next 8 years. Just a guess! We love ourselves a good-looking Republican with a decent reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn... I wish I got excited about this stuff like you!!! I feel like a bad American! :)

    ReplyDelete