Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Adventures in house hunting: part 2 of ?

Awhile back, I shared some of the more interesting houses we have looked at in the pursuit of our next home. There have been some doozies!  About the time of that post, we actually found what we thought was 'the one', and put an offer on it.  It was updated -- well, other than sea shell shaped sinks (say that 5 times fast!) and a wall-papered basement bathroom with bird head towel hooks -- in much the same way that I would have done.  Think light, bright and clean. 

Long story short, we didn't get the house, so we have continued to look and have found lots more that are not the one, like this:

I fear that my tennis ball-loving dog would be confused by this light fixture and jump
off the stairway to retrieve one of them.

Well it sure is...umm, colorful!
As we have begun preparing our house to sell, I have tried to make it as neutral as possible, which wasn't difficult given that most of our house is biege.  If I had one piece of advice for the people that listed this place, it would be neutralize (a.k.a. take down some of your extensive Spanish decor, including the robe above the master bed).

We have a lengthy list of things we would like in our next home. A bidet is not on the list.


In all seriousness, this house had great potential.  I think Aaron could even see that beyond the creepy collection of marionette puppets in the basement.  Unfortunately, it needed more updating that we could stomach.

We looked at a beautiful colonial last week.  One thing I didn't like about it was the 18 different kinds of flooring throughout the house (okay, slight exaggeration).  We found this in the basement:


Hardwood flooring in a basement?  Is that such a good idea -- what if there is flooding?!  ...What? It's carpet?  Gosh, I could hardly even tell, it looks so real! 

The other houses we have looked at have apparently been a waste of time, because we neither liked any enough to buy nor did they provide blog material.  Perhaps there will be more next week!

2 comments:

  1. Robe = creepy; it would always seem like someone was standing over your bed! And, I feel like you only hear about bidets from people who are house-hunting (lucky you). Good luck on the continued search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You realize your house will sell immediately, right? It's the cutest house ever!

    ReplyDelete