Thursday, May 31, 2012

Growing

Our baby boy is growing up!  Suddenly Zachary is smiling, "talking", and constantly moving his little arms and legs. 

At one month, Zachary weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces and measured 20 2/3 inches long.  (I have never heard anyone use 2/3 of an inch, but didn't question the nurse that measured him. Let's round up to 21, shall we?)  



On May 20, he suddenly started smiling at us!  We can only hope that he inherited the loud Grecian laugh to go with this big grin.  If my baby is going to do anything early, I am glad it is smiling.  Who doesn't love a happy baby?

And now he is finally putting on some baby fat.  Not much, but we're working on getting more rolls.

Zachary took his first road trip to Wichita last weekend. He slept all the way there and all the way back, just like I asked him to do.  He is so obedient.  He got to meet lots of family, and hang out with all 4 generations of Siders men:


2 comments:

  1. I did the "loud Doty laugh" at the 2/3 inch! He is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obedient children are the best. Look, he's even sleeping in the family shot. So well-behaved indeed. I agree - smiling is the best. Somehow it is like total payback for all the bloodshot eyes and moments of crazy that happened until that point. Thank you, Baby, for smiling!

    ReplyDelete