Friday, March 8, 2013

Let's get physical

After a pretty mild December and January, February brought snow, snow, and more snow.  One storm right after another.  After the first snow, we bought a sled at the hardware store and took Zachary on his first ride.    It was a sucess...until Mommy wasn't watching and he fell face first into the white stuff.  That was the end of sledding.



We were starting to wonder if our 10 month old would ever walk.  And then one day, it was like a light went on, and life hasn't been the same (for any of us) since.  He quickly mastered crawling, pulling up and sitting back down.  It is really quite amazing!

I think it is safe to assume that walking is just around the corner...


Have I mentioned that Zachary loves dogs?  LOVES them.  I am confident that if he had to choose between his parents and the dog, he would choose the dog. Thus, crawling has provided a way to get to Brinkley, instead of just staring at her across the room and giggling.

Brinkley isn't so sure that she likes his new found mobility (though she does appreciate the increase in finger food falling from his high chair these days).  Shiner, who we dog-sat this week, is not fond of it at all.


And suddenly dog toys are much more appealing that baby toys.  I try not to think about the number of times I have had to stop him from putting a tennis ball in his mouth.  Or all the times that I don't see him do it.

Another first that we dealt with this week: the stomach flu.  I was hopeful that he would make it through the winter with nothing but one cold after another, but no.  He was a trooper, though, and rarely fussed about it. Looking forward to the end of winter!




2 comments:

  1. It is so fun to see all the new things that he is doing. I can't believe our sweet boy will be one soon! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I can't believe Zachary is going to be a year old so soon.

    You are so sweet about the nursery. :) It took us forever. Definitely a labor of love. Ha!

    ReplyDelete