One year ago today, this tiny baby entered our lives:
And today we celebrated this big baby, who is on the verge of toddlerhood:
Experiencing a child's birthday as his mother is different than celebrating other birthdays. I've spent the last few days thinking back over the last 12 months, and realizing that what I have heard others say is true: it is hard to remember life before Zachary came along. I feel so blessed everyday that I get the honor of being his mom.
I can't believe how he has transformed into a little boy over the last couple months. It's fun to see his personality develop: he's pretty serious like his dad, but has a silly side, too (like his dad). And of course, he looks just like his dad. And he still loves to sleep (Yes!). I'm really looking forward to watching him grow over the next 12 months as he learns to walk and talk. Don't get me wrong, that scares me a little, too, but it will be so much fun.
Oh, and the dirt behind him in the picture above? That's where this tree stood until one year ago tonight:
Some memories are more pleasant than others!


Wow, I can't believe the transformation from the first picture to the second! He looks like a grown up now!
ReplyDeleteWe love our sweet grandboy and can't wait to watch him grow up this next year! Love, Grandma and Grandpa Siders
ReplyDelete