November 2012 was not my favorite month ever. You might think that I am down in the dumps about turning 30, but that isn't it at all. Actually, I kind of like my 30's! And we had a great Thanksgiving, so I suppose it began and ended well. But the middle was not so great (other than my sweet baby turning 7 months old).
I was incredibly optimistic at the beginning of November. I believed that Mitt Romney would unseat President Obama, and that our country might head in a different direction.
Instead, as I nervously made baby food with the TV on in the background on the night of November 6, my hopes began to fade as the first couple of swing states were called for Obama. And then more swing states were called for Obama. And then it became impossible for Romney to possibly get to the 270 electoral votes needed. I went to bed with a heavy heart.
Politicians seem to make it cliche` to talk about making our country better for their children. But now that I have a child of my own, I get it. I am truly worried for the future of our country, and for the future of my children. I am quite certain that when Washington comes to an agreement on the fiscal cliff later this month, they will not have solved anything. The can will get kicked down the road. Again.
And then November 17 happened. And Baylor didn't just beat K-State, they embarrassed us. Sigh. So much for that!
Regardless of that one game, I love this team. I have said repeatedly that I wish Zachary were a little older so that he could not only experience this incredible season, but also so he could look up to Collin Klein. Klein makes ME want to be a better person. He wears his faith on his sleeve, and I admire him for that. I wish I were more like that!
As I mentioned, Zachary was my bright spot in November. I say it all the time, but he truly keeps getting to be more fun! He sits up now, and got his first teeth!
December has started off on the right foot. K-State won the Big 12 Championship, and we are making travel plans for the Fiesta Bowl. Zachary is still Zachary. And Christmastime is my favorite time of the year!
Zachary is so cute! Hope to see you guys while I'm back over Christmas!
ReplyDelete