Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Why I wish Kansas had mountains

Last weekend, Aaron and I met the Rundle's in Colorado for 2 days of skiing. None of us had been skiing for 5+ years, but it really is like riding a bike. For me, it's just getting comfortable enough to not be apprehensive. The infrequency of my ski trips is really a shame, because I really, truly love the sport.

Here's a few photos of our trip:

This shot was taken at the very top of the mountain, which we later discovered is the Continental Divide. By the time Aaron and I reached the top, I was so cold and unhappy that I whined a bit, despite the awesome view. Following this picture, we started on our merry way, and I discovered that I would be forced to take my skis off and walk up a hill. The whining continued. It did get better from there: the way down was FUN!

Don't be fooled by the ferret that Brett is holding up. It's not actually an animal that he killed with his bare hands, but it is the fur from his coat collar.


Group picture! Nothing makes me feel sexier than a snow skiing getup. Notice the helmet I am wearing. I was easily convinced to sport the helmet considering my accident prone nature. The irony of it was that I did not fall down even once in the two days we were there. Had I not worn the helmet, however, I firmly believe that my head would have made direct contact with a tree and I would have died right there on that mountain.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment